Guidelines for Attending NON-SANCTIONED US Youth Soccer (USYS) Competitions
Several years ago the majority of in-state and out-of-state tournaments were sanctioned by USYS. As a member of NCYSA you are also a member of USYS and USSF (United States Soccer Federation).
There are other soccer organizations that are members of the United States Soccer Federation, but are not members of US Youth Soccer. These organizations may offer competitions (tournaments or friendly games) that are sanctioned through their organization but not through US Youth Soccer.
Since there are many more tournament choices; your team should be aware of the following information:
- The use of NC Youth Soccer player passes is prohibited at non-NCYSA/USYS Sanctioned events.
- NCYSA Insurance and Liability Coverage applies to NCYSA/USYS sanctioned competitions only.
- If attending a non-sanctioned USYS Competition, (in-state or out-of-state) please make sure all players and parents are aware that the NCYSA insurance will not be in effect for this competition.
- Contact the hosting organization regarding insurance coverage for their event.
- If the non-sanctioned event is out-of-state, then NCYSA cannot approve a USYS Notification to Travel form, nor does the non-sanctioned event have the authority to require this approval since the event is not sanctioned by USYS.
- Always know who is hosting the competition. Approved or 'sanctioned' competitions should provide a form signed by an official of the hosting organization. This document is usually called an 'Application to Host a Tournament' and will list the name of the hosting organization.
The NCYSA website contains a list of the NCYSA/USYS sanctioned tournaments.
If you have further questions regarding non-sanctioned competitions please contact Val O'Keeffe at the NCYSA State Office.
There is a $15.00 administrative fee when requesting this information.